Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Beauty of Baptism

Hi, it's Kim again for my third week as June's Sweet 'n Sassy Guest Designer.

When I received my assignment for June, I knew that I wanted to use a shell from Beauty by the Sea on a baptism card. 


I love the shell as a symbol of baptism - my church actually has a beautiful light over our baptismal font with crystal seashells and water drops.  Since we have infant baptisms, I wanted my card to be elegant enough to commemorate the event, but also frilly with ribbons and polka dots for a baby girl!
  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Beauty by the Sea
  • Ink: Versacolor black (to emboss with)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Shimmer White, Blushing Bride, Basic Gray
  • Accessories: Silver Pearl Embossing Powder, copics in very light pink and gray on the shell, Nestabilities Lacey Circle (and a regular circle die to cut out the center of the lacey circle), Narrow off-white ribbon, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders: Polka Dots (emboss dots first) and Tiffany (emboss over the dots), misc cross charm
I do love Sweet 'n Sassy stamps and digi stamps and use them regularly!  I have many more examples on my blog.  Just look in the Labels section in the left hand column and click on "By: Sweet 'n Sassy".

4 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Kim. Love the soft colors, the ribbon treatment... just perfect.

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous. I love the colors.....

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great card for a baptism kim-I like using the shell as a baptism symbol-I am thinking of a lot of symbolism here-I love how you wrapped your ribbon through the circle die

Bridget said...

What a beautiful baptism card, Kim! Lovely embossing and the Cross charm is wonderful!