Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!

Happy Monday everyone!  Harriet here with a fun Cocoa card!  I decided to create a card combining two Sweet 'N Sassy challenges:  The sketch challenge - SSS113 on the Sweet Stop Sketch Blog and the challenge hosted by Jessica - Just For Fun Challenge on the Sweet 'N Sassy Connection.  The J4F1 challenge from last week was to use two buttons.  There is a new J4F challenge posted each Sunday - this week's challenge is to use polka dots - check it out!
I stamped Patriotic Cocoa with Memento ink on white card stock, cut the image out and colored Cocoa in with Copics (hard to see in this photo).  I colored the flag with watercolor pencils and an aquabrush and then sponged it with Tea Dye ink to give it that "Americana" feel like the patterned paper has.  I wound twine around the circle, stamped the sentiment and attached Cocoa with dimensionals.  I finished the card off with the two buttons for the J4F challenge. 
Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great day!
Supplies: Stamps - Sweet 'N Sassy Patriotic Cocoa; Paper - DCWV, Black Market Papers; Ink - Memento, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tea Dye; Misc - Copic Markers, Watercolor pencils, Aquabrush, Twine, Buttons, Nestabilities, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Harriet, I love the whole Americana theme and how you carried it through - this is adorable!!

Mary Marsh said...

I just love this sweet cocoa image and your patriotic card harriet. you did an awesome job with both of these challenges-round cards are always such fun