Saturday, July 2, 2011

Thanks A Dot!

Happy Saturday everyone!   And for those living in Canada -  Happy Canada Day yesterday.  Here in the US we're at the beginning of a wonderful long weekend to celebrate the 4th of July!   I'm off to a cookout early this afternoon and I'm looking forward to those hamburgers and hot dogs cooked on the grill!  Whoo hoo!!

Today I wanted to share a bright little card I made using the newly release set called Seeing Spots!  This sweet little set has dots with circles, butterflies, stars, stripes and flowers PLUS eight sentiments for all occasions that can be stamped right in the circles or separately.  And the cost of this versatile set won't break the bank either!

I used the spots and stripes circles on my scallop round card.  First I stamped the circles all on a white panel -  then I stamped 3 of them again on a scrap, punched them out and layered them over the panel with foam tape for a little dimension.  I added rhinestones for a little touch of sparkle and framed it in black and pink. 

I used the Floral Doily Motif Shapeability to die cut the lacey framing and cut my card base with a Big Scallop Circle Nestability.

Well -  that's it from me today!  Hope you have some fun plans for your weekend and that the sun is shining for you!!

Hugs,
Julia

1 comment:

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

LOVE this and how you used the Nesties. Great color combination too.