Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wildflower Wishes


It's my turn again to host the sketch challenge over on Splitcoaststampers, and this week I'm sharing one that can be completely CAS, or semi-jazzed up.  I made two different card samples for the sketch; the one I'm sharing today is the sort-of jazzed up version (but I still think it is sort of CAS!).  I'm also standing in for someone this week and hosting the Hump Day Challenge over in the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps forums - the original challenge planned for this week was to add real or faux stitching to your cards.  I'm sticking with that, because I love it!

I stamped my Wildflowers image directly on my patterned paper and had stitched it to the black card stock. I added an extra circle panel to the original sketch, and used a sentiment from the Smell the Flowers set.  I used some silver self adhesive half pearls to finish off the card.

Stay tuned on Friday - I'll be sharing the second card I made using this sketch!  I hope you get a chance to play along with both the sketch challenge and the Hump Day Challenge this week!

Supplies:
Stamps: Wildflowers, Smell the Flowers (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Card Stock: Kraft (Neenah), Black (Recollections)
Patterned Paper: For the Record (Echo Park)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Pearls (Queen & Co.), Thread
Tools: Classic and Scalloped Circles, Pennant Banner (Spellbinders), Circle Punches (SU)

Pin It

4 comments:

Cibele Glazer said...

Love the sketch, Taylor and your card is fabulous!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful sketch and card! I love the distressing also.

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

very pretty!! I have never thought about stamping on patterned paper, i will have to give it a try!!
Kristan

Melinda Gleissner said...

Taylor, this is really pretty. Love the flowers against the red.