Monday, May 7, 2012

Postal Collage



Hello, it's Bridget here today with a collage card using lots of fabulous Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  Yesterday the Featured Stamper at Splitcoaststampers was Heather Telford (Heather T) and I used her style of masking and sponging for my card - I loved the look so much I decided to make another one today!
You could use any combination of stamps  for a similar look but I based mine around the postal theme using the Vintage Postcard set - I'm finding it to be such a useful, fun set of stamps to work with!
I started by measuring a 3/4 in. border around my square card and adding a post-it-note frame as a mask.  I then took various inks and sponged inside the square.  Again, any combination works, but colors which blend well together are easier, ie. pinks into purples, blue into green, green into yellow, etc.
I began stamping by using the Light of Christmas stamp for a script bg - by wiping away some of the ink on the inside edge of the script bg stamp, you achieve a faded edge instead of a hard edge.  I then took various images and stamped them randomnly for the collage look.  I thought that "God Bless You" inside the postal mark was just the sentiment I was looking for and simply added a pink pearl as an accent.  
I found this to be an easy, quick card, which was really fun to do and I hope you will too!
Supplies include:
Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Light of Christmas Background
Stampin Up Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Orchid Opulence, Lavender Lace ink
Versafine Black Onyx ink
Post-it-notes
Pearl

2 comments:

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Gorgeous!! Love the colours!!
Kristan

Jennie said...

So pretty and love those colors!!