Thursday, August 30, 2012

Kindness

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you a shaped card with some creative folds.
I challenged myself to make a Circle Side Step Card. Beate has a fabulous tutorial on SplitCoastStampers. I followed her directions, but I did make mine a bit smaller, so it fits an A2 envelope.
I am not ready for fall yet, so I used some pretty flowers on my card (no butterflies!). It never gets old or goes out of style, and works for almost all occasions. These pretties came from Kindness clear stamp set, and I used the coordinating Kindness Flower die set.


The frame was made with one of the Decorative Plaque dies and a square die from Spellbinders. To give texture to it, I stamped the wood grain image from Grunge Borders clear stamp set repeatedly on the frame. After cutting the opening out, I glued a piece of old book page behind it, that was spritzed with brown ink.


The background was stamped with Music Background clear stamp set. Another image that can be used for any occasions. I used one more fun die, the grass from Fence & Grass die set

To embellish my card, I used ribbon, pearls, Baker's Twine, Stickles, Cheese cloths, buttons, and a Tim Holtz pin that holds the greeting.

Hope you will challenge yourself to make something different today! Give your creativity a go!

Monika

1 comment:

Cathymac said...

Gorgeous, Monika...every beautiful detail! And good for you...trying this creative fold!