Saturday, October 27, 2012

Recycled holiday card...

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you a vintage style holiday card, using recycled materials.
I love using corrugated paper, and I usually make my own. You only need a card board box that has a corrugated layer.
Just cut the size you need and peel off the top layer. Done!
It does look a bit rough, but it just adds to the vintage/weathered look.


I also recycled a tissue paper that came in a gift bag, and cut some doilies out of it. You can cut a number of layers all at once.


As you can see, to add more texture to my card, I also used felt and lace.
The main panel is a small envelope (Tim Holtz-Pocket Envelope die), that can hold a gift card or a tag. I just cut the side flap off.
It is stamped with Music Background and Holiday Baubles clear stamp sets.
After I stamped the little ornaments, first I went over them with my VersaMark pen, then I poured Psychedelic embossing powder on top and heat embossed the images.
To add even more sparkle to my card, I went around the edges with Stickles (glitter glue).

The sketch came from The Sweet Stop, SSS182. Hope you will play along with the Sugar Babies this week!

Thanks for stopping by,
Monika

1 comment:

Cathymac said...

Gorgeous, Monika! Love the rustic look of the peeled corrugation and all the wonderful accents that give this beautiful Christmas card a vintage look!