Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sweet 'n Sassy blessings

Hello, hello! It's my day here on the Sweet 'n Sassy blog!
It's the week of Thanksgiving, and I thought I'd share something warm and cozy, and filled with autumn.  I've used a few of my favorite things on this card. Would you like to hear about them?

First off. . .RED. This deep red cardstock and ink is so warm and  cozy for autumn and winter projects.   I stamped the chevron border across ivory cardstock and almost gasped, because the texture on the Grunge Borders  is SO fabulous.  It's hard to find a REALLY good looking textured-looking stamp, and this set, by Dina Kowal takes the CAKE baby. Gorgeous. One of my new favorite things!! 
I love the way the border works so nicely with the crisp leaves of Leaf Silhouettes too! 

My next favorite thing. . . .twine. Especially this dark brown twine from May Arts. You may have noticed, I use it on almost EVVERYTHINGGG! (I'm a little obsessed.) Thankfully it comes on a giant roll so I can use it to my heart's content.

I pray your Thanksgiving holiday is filled with family (whether by birth or by blessing) and lots of delicious food and fun.  There's not much better than cool crisp air, delicious smells in the air, and lots of laughter!
Hugs!
xoxo
Laura,

3 comments:

Cathymac said...

I love this simple but striking design, Laura! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Judy Rozema said...

Really awesome!! LOVE that red.

Mary K said...

Laura, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well. I've been waiting for the grunge stamps to go on sale -- they are so versatile! Love your reds!