Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Treasured

Hello Sweet 'n Sassy Friends...it's Cathy with a quick card to share with you today.  Hope you are having a great week so far.   While taking a walk through the woods the other day, I spotted some Snowdrops blooming which means that spring really is on the way!  So...for my card I reached for some very springy colors and a favorite Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set....well, one of my favorites!  LOL!


The layout for the card is Janette's sketch today over at Splitcoaststampers.  The image and sentiment are from the clear stamp set, Treasured.  Copic Markers were used to color the floral image which was then cut with a circle Nestie.  The butterfly was stamped and colored twice so the wings could be popped up and Stickles added for some sparkle.  A little stitching, some pearls, and seam binding finish the card.

I am always amazed by the changing of the seasons and how the Lord causes new growth to spring forth from the bleak, cold winter!  It's encouraging to me that God can do the same thing with our lives...take the trials and the hard times and bring forth newness and blessing for our good and His glory!

Hope you have a wonderful day!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
Cathy

2 comments:

diane zechman said...

This is beautiful, Cathy! I need to add that set to my wish list!

Cynthia said...

This is lovely, Cathy!