Saturday, April 13, 2013

Birthday Cupcake

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you a birthday card.
What a fabulous release we had this month. Did you have a chance to check out all the awesome stamps and dies?
One of my favorites are the Birthday Bash clear stamp set and coordinating Birthday Bash Die set.

I love the cupcake images and dies. They are so easy to use and you can mix 'n match them as you please.


On today's card, I stamped the bottom of the cupcake and die-cut the frosting and the 'muffin' part.
First I stamped the cupcake 'liner' on the tag... then I stamped the tag with Music Background clear stamp using VersaMark ink... and heat embossed it with clear powder. Next I sponged some light blue ink around the edges and spritzed dark blue ink on top. 



I really like the sweet tag dies (Mini Tags Die set) from the April release so I just had to through some tags on the card... as embellishments... 


With so many images to choose from, you can easily find something to stamp inside of the card. I used a sentiment from the brand new Birthday Innies clear stamp set along the balloons from the Birthday Bash set and another die-cut tag. 

The sketch came from The Sweet Stop, SSS205. Please stop by and see what the Sugar Babies came up with using the fun sketch this week. 

Thanks for stopping by,
Monika

3 comments:

Jean Bullock said...

Both of these cards are darling, Monika! Love the blue ink you used and the embossing on the first card. The balloon card makes great use of negative space and the embellishment shapes and location add interest . Good Job!

Cynthia said...

Fun card with the new Birthday set, Monika.

Korin said...

This is the coolest card! I keep going back and find more and more little treasures!