Sunday, May 19, 2013

Praying for You


Good morning!

It's Jessica popping in with a bright 'thinking of you' card to share with you today that I made with these gorgeous flowers from the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Flowers in Bloom stamp set.  The sentiment is from Poppies and Greetings stamp set, which I stamped in black Stazon on vellum.


I stamped the images and colored with Copic markers.  Then, I stamped the flowers and butterfly again on Vellum with black Stazon ink.  Before cutting out the images, I colored the back of the vellum with some Copic markers matching the ones I used on the original images and then glued the paper pieced images on top.  


I've never paper pieced with vellum before and was pretty tickled to see how well it worked.  It's hard to see the dimension in the photos, but the delicate flower petals and butterfly wings add a nice touch.  When I was finished I added some copper stickles (glitter glue) and spread it just a bit with my finger.

Have a great day!
Jessica


6 comments:

buggin2stamp said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jessica! I love the vellum paper piecing and the copper glitter highlights.
Melissa

Jean Bullock said...

Beautiful! Good idea to color the back of the vellum too.

Julie S said...

Lovely card! All of the things you have going on here - texture, color, pattern - go so beautifully together.

diane zechman said...

Love the way you used the vellum! These colors are some of my faves right now...love it!

Donna Jones said...

Beautiful, love the coloured vellum flowers :-)
Donna Jones

Janis said...

Love the vellum tip!! Sure wish coneflowers really came in those colors. What a gorgeous card. Love it!!