Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tulips


Welcome to another Tuesday creation from me, Stacy. Today is my last post as your guest designer for June. Time sure does fly doesn't it? Today I have a sweet summer creation for you with Spring Tulips.

A lot of the cards I create are sent to our Troops over seas so they are able to write home to their families. I tend to leave them sentiment free on the front, this way they are able to use them for any reason they choose. However you can always add a sentiment to the inside if you find there are special requests later. Sometimes it is nice to not have the sentiment and more area to embelish. I will note, this card will not go to the troops since I added the stickles the flowers.

I stamped the Spring Tulips onto classic white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo black ink. Colored with several copic markers. My designer paper is die cut using Spellbinders Curved Rectangles using Echo Park Sweet girl paper pack. To hide the seam from the two different papers, I have some white lace trim and some seam binding ribbon in a soft yellow.
 Added a bit of flourishes jewels for bling and some sparkles to the Spring Tulips.

A little trick I learned that is faster when die cutting two different cardstock, see picture below. Place your papers together under the die and use a piece of small tape to hold them together while I die cut the shape. This way the bottom lines up and looks smooth and dry embossed the same.
I want to thank Korin and Janette for having me as a guest designer this month. I have enjoyed my time with you all and hope you enjoyed the time with me as well. Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

One of my favorite SNSS images used beautifully, Stacy, you've done an amazing job as GD!