Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Today is a New Day

Happy Tuesday Sweet 'N Sassy fans! It's Andrea Ewen here today giving you another sneaky peek at some beautiful stamps slated to be released on the 15th! It's hard to NOT make a lovely card using these stamps as they are perfect for either elegant designs or shabby chic compositions. My style tends to vacillate between the two...sometimes I mix both together as with my sample today. I rough up all the edges, but then add sweeping pearl flourishes. Along with these stamps...it all makes me happy! Here's what I'm referring to:


Here's a close up of the stamp set in a different light:


I love the intermingling of fonts, too...that in and of itself makes it easier to mix styles.
Here's a shot of the ribbon/twine/flower/pearl accoutrement:


I used Maja Design's Sofiero collection of papers, Zva Creative flourishes and some Spellbinders dies. All the edges are roughed up with a paper distresser and the sentiment contains some White Opal Liquid pearls to highlight the verse. I modeled this week's Mojo Monday sketch (turned 90ยบ to the right) for my design.
Thanks so much for joining me today!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Another gorgeous card! I love your cards.