Saturday, October 19, 2013

Immortal, Invisible

Happy Saturday Morning!

Does a long weekend make your work week feel longer or shorter?   Do you try to do more in 4 days to make up for it?   I don't know about you but many times I pack more into those long awaited holiday weekends than I should.   Is it hard to be still and quiet?   The scripture says, "Be still, and know that I am God."  To become still we must surrender.   Our minds, our thoughts, our being.

While I was creating my card for you today the words of the mighty hymn, Immortal, Invisible... flowed from my lips.  I am at peace; my spirit settled as I set my mind on things that are above and not on this earth.    Listen and see if it isn't true for you too.

To all life Thou givest, to both great and small;
In all life Thou livest, the true life of all;
We blossom and flourish as leaves on a tree,
And wither and perish, but nought changest Thee.

I realize I must learn to rest, to surrender my thoughts to the Word.   When I do, I am always blessed beyond measure - because I'm spending time with the One who loves me and desires to be my all.

My card is created using both image and sentiment by Dina Kowal, for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps called, Season of Change.   I used the coordinating die set, Leaf Dies (set of 4) as well.
May the eyes of our heart see, and our faith increase as we surrender and transform our minds.   May God's peace and rest steady our pace in the days to come.

Hapu u'de'u ki-anokhi Elohim
arum baggoyim, arum ba'aretz

Be still, and know that I am God - I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth
Blessings,
Susie ~

2 comments:

jean w. said...

Love this unusual color combination! Truly a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!

Janeen said...

Loved your thoughts on this. Very nice card to go with.