Thursday, May 8, 2014

God has your back - shaker card...

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you a butterfly shaker card. I am (still) in love with shaker cards, and they are really easy to make.
I used New Beginnings clear stamp set and the coordinating New Beginnings Butterfly die set as my focal point, along with the shaker element.


The background (water-color paper) was stamped with Typewriter Text clear stamp using VersaMark ink, then it was heat embossed with white embossing powder. Next, using gold metallic acrylic paint (Ranger) and water, I painted over the heat embossed background, and I splashed the same ink on top with a small brush.


Next I die-cut a 2-1/4" circle with a Spellbinder die. Then I positioned the background sheet onto my white base card along with the die-cut circle, lifted the background piece off (leaving the circle), and using the die-cut circle as my guide, I adhered dimensional tape around the circle.


Before filling the circle with sequins and micro beads, take the protective sheet off of the dimensional tape strips. Otherwise the beads might end up all over the place while you are working on taking the top sheet off...
Add some more dimensional tape onto the back side of the water-colored background panel and adhere it to the base card.


The front was decorated with a border that I die-cut with Doily Border Dies, a die-cut leaf branch, pink thread, and rhinestones. The greeting is from God is Bigger clear stamp set.
My color inspiration came from Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge

Thanks for stopping by today. 
Hopefully I have inspired you to make something creative today...
Monika

2 comments:

Janette said...

beautiful Monika, I love the bg you created and the shaker looks great also!

Cathymac said...

Gorgeous, Monika! LOVE, love the background you created! What a fun and beautiful card complete with all the little Monika extras!