Tuesday, May 6, 2014

All is well



Hi, all!  Brenda here, and I’m so jazzed!  I'm very grateful for such an opportunity, to showcase some of my favorite Sweet ‘n’ Sassy images and share with you some fun paper tricks.

There’s so much to love about Sweet ‘n’ Sassy products.  This week, my focus is their clever silhouettes sets and a couple very useful dies.  I enjoy creating sponged and masked scenes.  With this card, I used the negative from a Spellbinders Nestability deckle rectangle to contain the scene.  I used the snss fence die to cut a mask, which was applied temporarily to the negative space.  Then I used the die from the new Happy Happy die set to create the fluffy clouds, stamped the mountains from Landscape Silhouettes twice (once in gray, once in green).  Then I used the grass die to mask the sponged grassy area in the foreground, removing the fence die for the last pass.  Finally, I removed all the masks and stamped the drummer boy and the sentiment from the God Is set.  All done with Neenah Natural cardstock and Memento Inks.

I love how well the Sweet ‘n’ Sassy silhouettes, sentiments and dies work with the mask and sponge technique.

13 comments:

Cynthia said...

Brenda, this is a fabulous sponged scene! Looking forward to your inspiration as Guest Designer.

Janeen said...

what a fabulous idea with super wonderful results.

Bridget said...

Oh my goodness, Brenda - I LOVE this - fabulous and so CAS! Wonderful to have you guest designing!

Janette said...

very pretty Brenda! I like how you used the dies as stencils- great job.

Little Ms Bee Happy said...

Great Card Ms Brenda. Your cards OUTSTANDING!

Cathymac said...

What a fabulous card, Brenda! I LOVE this precious scene and the way in which you used the dies…how versatile and gorgeous!

stampingbowd said...

Brenda, this is awesome!! What a gorgeous scene you created! Absolutely love the sentiment!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely card Brenda. Love the sponged images and how you built the scene. Wonderful design.

Susie said...

Brenda, this is absolutely wonderful! Beautiful masking, sponging, and stamping. I'm thrilled to see you here and know everyone will benefit from your talent and skill. Congratulations!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Welcome, Brenda, and Wow! Did you start off with a bang! This is just magnificent! So glad you are sharing with us!

diane zechman said...

Fabulous card, Brenda! Welcome.. happy to have you join us!

Giovana said...

Beautiful card, Brenda!!

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

All I can say is, "WOW!" Brenda, you did a fabulous job, and what a lot of work. Thanks so much for sharing your talent!