Tuesday, May 20, 2014

What a Hoot!

CAS and quirky.  That's my style.  I'm more likely to keep things simple with a trick or two than to bling-it-up.  So, I play with interactive cards, 3-D projects, fancy folds and fun techniques.  The Sweet 'N' Sassy owls make it easy to get a giggle on a special day card.




The wiper card has been around for a while.  With this card, I tweaked the technique by reversing the fold mechanism and adding a wobble spring to the wiper.  When the card is opened, the little owl on the top pops up and wobbles.  Fun?




I used elements from several Sweet 'N' Sassy Stamp sets.  The large owl and sentiments are Owl Be Here, cut with the new coordinating Owl Die.  The branch is from the new Love Birds, cut with the coordinating Love Birds Die, and the little owl is from Bookmark Bits & Pieces.  I used the cloud die cut from the new Happy Happy Dies to sponge the bg clouds.

Have fun, all!
Brenda

8 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Oh! This is soooo adorable! What a fun fold and love the pop up. The owl is too cute and so prettily colored!

Stacy Sheldon said...

That is such a darling card Brenda, I love the movement :)

Unknown said...

Ahhhhh, Brenda, this owl card is sooo cute... I love the wiper technique, I will have to get brave and try this.... Love it...

Cynthia said...

Very fun card design, Brenda! I haven't seen the wiper card before. Thanks for sharing.

Holstein said...

This really is cute with the interaction of the owls! Fun fun card.

Robin Clendenning said...

OMGosh, this is so cute!!! Love it! The owl is adorable and love the clouds behind him and his cute little branch!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Brenda. Love the interactive piece!

Unknown said...

How Cute is this card! brought plenty of smiles!!! Love the interaction! TFS!