Monday, January 5, 2015

A Very Veggie Valentine



Hello Friends!

New DT member Jenny here with my first post.
I am so honored to be a part of this talented
team of ladies and to share with you my love
for paper crafting!  I've been on a CAS style kick
lately, but I do love to dabble in all the different styles.

Can you believe the holidays are over and it's 
already time  to start thinking about
 creating  for Valentines Day?  I went with a playful 
CAS Valentine card today.  The colors I choose  
make it totally suitable for a masculine card.  

To create my card I used the stamp set You and Me 
which has just a delightful array of sentiment and 
image options.  Really, just stinkin' cute! 
For the banner I had in mind, 
 I reached for the Mini Tags die 
set and Hearts die set. 



 I stamped the peas and carrot several times
 on a variety of DP and card stock and then cut them out.
 If you noticed, I fussy cut very close to the edge 
of my images.  That's sometimes hard to do 
depending on how intricate the stamped image is.  
What I do if I have any bits of white 
showing is carefully go over the edges of my image 
with a black Copic Multi Liner.
 Works beautifully! 

Speaking of fussy cutting...I have some great news!
Right now, through January 8th, the
Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Perks Club
is offering up a few bundles of
stamps and matching dies at a discount.
And guess what? One of the options is
the You and Me stamp set WITH matching dies!
  No more fussy cutting!
Woot!  Woot!  
You can find all the details here.


Thanks for stopping by today...
I look forward to sharing my paper crafting 
journey with all of you!

Blessings,

Jenny



4 comments:

Janeen said...

A very cute card , Jenny.

Teresa Doyle said...

Such a fun & cute card! I love the kraft card stock on your card. It looks awesome with the red.

Cathymac said...

Love the veggie banner, Jenny…just adorable!

Unknown said...

Cute as ever, Jenny!