Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Be Mine

Hi everyone!  Kim here to share a non-traditional, mixed media type Valentine card with you today!  This card...oh my...ever have one of those cards that just doesn't come together?  I reworked this baby so many times before I was happy.  And I was most happy with this sweet kitty cat being stuck up in a tree!  I loved the addition of the branch, which was a perfect pairing with the small image.  I also have a love of pink and grey and texture...can you tell? **wink**

This card actually started as an ATC that I covered with paper, embossing paste, and paint.  Much of that is now covered up, as I wasn't thrilled with end result.  However, I loved the texture of the paste and that is what you see at the edges of the ATC (where the cat is sitting).  Once my card pieces were cut, circles, cardstock, cat, hearts, etc., I moved everything around until I was happy with the layout. Guess what I'm most happy with?  The Speech Bubbles die!  Seriously, you're going to be seeing speech bubbles on all of my cards...I LOVE them!  And they're a brand new item, just added to the store a few weeks ago!

Want to grab all of the products that I used on today's card?  Check out the list below:

Speech Bubbles Die
Valentine's Critters (and coordinating die)
Hearts Die
Love Birds Die Set (and coordinating stamp set)

4 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

An adorable card and I love pink & gray together too.

Katia said...

so beautiful and elegant!!!

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Love this card! That little kitty is just SOOO cute! Thanks so much for sharing. The end result was worth the struggle!

Indy's Designs said...

This is a wonderful and sweet card!