Monday, January 26, 2015

Parisian Postcard Anniversary Shaker Card...

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you a tutorial on how I made my anniversary shaker card. I love adding shaker elements to my cards. It might look difficult and time consuming, but it actually can go pretty fast when you learn the basic steps.


I started out stamping my main image, the Eiffel Tower from Parisian Postcard clear stamp set on the white base card and the red panel. (Yes, it seems to be the favorite for the last week or so between the SNSS team members.) I made sure the images were stamped the same place on both card stock, so they would line up when layered on top of each other. I used my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig to do the perfect job. (If you are leaving a white border, don't forget to calculate that 1/8" extra on the white card.)


Next I die-cut the heart window opening on the red panel, using the biggest die from Heart Die set. 


Next I placed the red heart back in the negative space, and secured it to the white base card with masking tape (you can also use repositionable or washi tape). Then I placed dimensional tape around the heart.



Next I added extra dimensional tape to the white base card. 


Then I added the shaker elements: glitter hearts, gold sequins, and micro beads. The tiny glitter hearts were die-cut with Hearts and Stars Scallop Border Die set. Before I adhered the red cover panel, I taped a piece of window sheet behind the heart window opening.


Finally I embellished my card with stamped postal stamp images, thread (adhered with a glue dot), punched vellum flowers, and more of the glitter hearts.



The greeting was stamped with VersaMark ink, then heat embossed with gold embossing powder. The image is from You & Me clear stamp set

I hope I inspired you to make a shaker card today. 

Thank you for stopping by, 
Monika





5 comments:

Birgit said...

Such a clever window / shaker card! The process seemed complicated, but the more I re-read it, it sounds like something I could try. Thanks for the step-by-step. That was super helpful!

Katia said...

Thanks for the tutorial is amazing!!!

Mary said...

Your shaker cards are always wonderful. This one is beautiful. Love the stamp set that you chose to use for this shaker card. Thank you for sharing your tutorial. :)

Mary

Jane Bosi said...

This is AWESOME!!

diane zechman said...

awesome card, Monika!