Saturday, January 3, 2015

winter ATC frame

Hello friends! I have a special project to share today that I made for a Christmas gift. I wanted the recipient to be able to enjoy it all winter long, though, so I went with a snowy/winter theme. Each little card in my frame is ATC size (2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches) and I used lots of my favorite Sweet 'n Sassy stamps and dies.

SNSS ATC frame diane zechman
I wanted to be able to switch out the ATC's for each season/holiday or whatever theme I want...so they were attached in the frame with Removable Glue Dots. I found these to work perfectly for the right amount of adhesion needed, yet still be able to be easily removed.
Here's some close-ups of each ATC. For the first one I scored and folded a rosette and centered it onto a Sweet 'n Sassy Large Snowflake diecut. The "brrr" is from my Snowman Soup stamp set.
The second one has some stamped skating friends from the SNSS Winter Silhouettes stamp set, with one popped up for dimension. There's a few tiny snowflakes from my Snowy Hello stamp set lightly added to the top. The edges of this one were stitched on my sewing machine.
SNSS ATC frame 2 diane zechman
The mittens were made with a punch I had and the white tiny clothespins came from Michael's.  Crochet thread was perfect for the string.  I faintly stamped snowflakes in the background of the Let it Snow words from the Spectacular Snowflakes stamp set.
SNSS ATC frame 3 diane zechman
On the left, below, I used one of the Bookmarks & More dies to create a tag. The heart was cut from the Heart dies and the tiny snowflakes and words are from my Snowy Hello set.
On the right, 3 circles were punched and popped for dimension. The snowman's face, hat and scarf are from the Warm Hello stamps.
SNSS ATC frame 4 diane zechman
The tree, deer, and bird, below are from Forest Silhouettes dies. On the right, I lightly stamped the Music Background. More Snowy Hello flakes were stamped (this time in green) and the bird from Peace of God was popped up.
SNSS ATC frame 5 diane zechman
The Hillside Edges dies made a cute snowy scene and the words from Winter Silhouettes went with it perfectly.  For the next one, I stamped the sleigh ride image from one of my fave Christmas sets, Old Fashioned Christmas.
SNSS ATC frame 6 diane zechman
The words and snowy fella below, drinking hot cocoa, is from my Snowman Soup set. The mug, scarf, and mittens were paper pieced. Then I applied a Puffy Velvet Fabric marker (like Liquid Applique) to the marshmallows and heat them with a heat tool to puff them up.
The skates are a die I had. The blades were heat embossed with silver e.p. and the branches, along with a tiny jingle bell, finished them off.
SNSS ATC frame 7 diane zechman
Lots of glitter and bling were added to each one to make this frame sparkle!
Have a great start to the New Year...thanks for popping in! 
Here are the Sweet 'n Sassy products that I used...
♥ Diane

1 comment:

Cathymac said...

What a glorious gift, Diane! So creative and gorgeous!