Saturday, March 21, 2015

All you need...is a cat...

Hi there, friends, and welcome to the weekend!  Today I'm sharing a card I created with one of our newly released stamp sets...Kitty Love!  I am such a fan of silhouette images and now we have a silhouette set with cats!  Yippee!

My card started with lots of layers...one dry embossed, one covered in wee little paw prints, and a bunch of others that are there simply to add color!

My main panel started out life as a piece of cream cardstock.  I used a blending tool and Distress Ink to cover a large portion of the cardstock in Scattered Straw ink.  I then put a large circle mask over the cardstock and added more Distress Ink colors...Rusty Hinge and Wild Honey.  I then used the Typewriter Text background stamp to add a little bit of stamping inside the sun.  (You could mask off the background so the text image won't get on the rest of the card, but using acrylic stamps means you can bend them to stamp only where you want the text.)  The cat was stamped on cardstock and cut out.  I also used Distress Embossing Powder in Black Soot to add some texture to the cat.  The Distress Powder just adds texture, without adding shine.

To finish the card, I used foam tape to attach the cat, stamped the sentiment, and added the heart.  (The string holding the heart was hand drawn)

Enjoy and  have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Sue Gautreaux said...

Love everything about it!!! The layout, the color combo, just a stunningly beautiful card!

Julie Gearinger said...

I agree with Sue- love this card and new set!! Thanks for the inspiration :-)