Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Sunset By The Sea

My family and I are preparing for a trip to the ocean in a couple weeks.  I was going through some of my photos of cards that I created but have not shared and I came across the one I am sharing today that gets me excited about our upcoming vacation.  I am really looking forward to the sunset ocean views.  Take a peek:


I created my sunset by using a post it note to mask off my horizon line and sun, then sponged red, dark orange, orange and yellow inks.  After my sponging was finished I then stamped my sea image in versa fine black ink.  I used a white gel pen to add some highlights.  I used a Fiskers border punch along the bottom and accented with some black pearls.  Rather than matting my image with black, I added a layer of white which I think makes the image pop a little more.

I hope you enjoyed my card today and that you are enjoying your summer so far.  It is sure going by so quickly...


1 comment:

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Janette. Love the sponging with the silhouette images.