Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Sending You Love and Hugs

Hi Sweet Friends!

Julie, here and today I am sharing a fun card that I designed using SNSS Cocoa Sends Love Clear Stamp Set (designed by KorinSutherland). 


The SNSS Cocoa Sends Love Clear Stamp Set has a gorgeous font and numerous sentiments along with the darling Cocoa image that in addition to Valentine’s cards, you could create cards for so many other occasions . 


To create this card:

First, I inked the SNSS Cocoa Sends Love image with archival black ink, stamped the image onto white cardstock and colored it with water-based markers using a water brush.

I then fussy cut the SNSS Cocoa Sends Love image, mounted it onto a piece of black cardstock (to give it more thickness) and fussy cut around the image once more.

I die cut a heart from white and black cardstock, split the black heart and layered it behind the white heart (allowing a bit of the black die cut to show as a frame).

I also die cut a larger black oval and a smaller patterned oval using stitched oval dies, layered those together before adding the layered die cut heart and fussy cut SNSS Cocoa Sends Love image. 

Once I layered the white, light pink and black cardstock, I added some white crochet trim with black satin ribbon before mounting the panel onto the bright pink card front.

I heat embossed the SNSS Cocoa Sends Love sentiments with white embossing powder onto black cardstock and mounted both sentiments along with the layered SNSS Cocoa Sends Love  focal image using dimensional foam to finish off the card.

I think Cocoa looks so cute delivering his mail- don’t you?


I had fun playing with the SNSS Cocoa Sends Love  Clear stamp set and hope I have inspired you to pull out your stamps and create something!  Hugs and have a blessed week, sweet friends!

1 comment:

Cathymac said...

So cute, Julie! The black borders make your other colors pop!