Tuesday, October 10, 2017

season's greetings

Hello! It's Monika here today with a Christmas card. I love circle cards so I decided to make one:


The scallop circle base was die-cut out of heavy designer paper. The birdhouse image is from Season's Greetings clear stamp set. I stamped an extra holly cluster and after coloring the images and cutting them out, I adhered the cluster to the main image with dimensional tape. I added psychedelic embossing powder to the snowy areas and red rhinestones as berries. The greeting is from Christmas Pine clear stamp set. I also added some holly branches from a retired stamp set... just to fill in some empty areas... 
The black frame (die-cut with 2 circle dies), the birdhouse and holly leaves underneath, and the greeting are all popped up with dimensional tape... to finish off the card, I added more rhinestones and red/white baker's twine.
If you are really creative, by adding a clear window sheet you could easily turn this into a circle shaker card!

Thanks for stopping by,
Monika









2 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Monika, this is a beautiful shaker card, and I love this sweet birdhouse with the holly leaves! And the circle with the scallops is beautiful...especially the black circle, which makes is very striking! I love it! Hugs!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Oh !! This is so lovely !