Saturday, July 30, 2011

Birthday Bear


Welcome to the weekend, everyone! It's Taylor here, and today I'm showing off a card I made recently as my Monday Design Tip over at the Sweet 'n Sassy Connection.  This tip was all about using an image differently than intended.

I took the sweet Rhubarb Santa digi image and colored him up like a regular teddy bear.  Instead of a Santa cap, I pictured it more like one of those darling little nightcaps children wear.  I added a sentiment from the Happy Birthdays clear set.  I based my sketch off of one from the Sweet Stop, and presto! A birthday bear!

I can't decide which of the new Rhubarbs is my favorite. Have you?  I think I'm just going to say all of them :)


Supplies: 
Stamps: Rhubarb Santa (digi), Happy Birthday Sentiments (clear)
Card Stock: SU Sage Shadow, Pretty in Pink; Neenah White
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey Olivia
Ink: SU Sage Shadow
Coloring Medium: Copics (C00, C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, C9, RV10, RV11, RV13)
Accessories: ribbon

2 comments:

Bridget said...

I like Rhubarb colored in gray - a really cute color scheme, love this sketch!

Cathymac said...

Santa Bear looks just as cute as a birthday bear, Taylor! What a great way to get a lot of mileage out of each stamp image! Thanks for the tip!