Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Want a Challenge?

I'm hosting the sketch challenge over on Splitcoaststampers today, and I drew this sketch with this image from the Love From Cocoa stamp set in mind.  I love how I can use any sentiment in the set to put on the little pice of paper he's holding!  I had fun with this card - the break, however temporary, from my holiday gift making and wrapping frenzy was quite welcome.

How can there only be four more days until Christmas? I'm excited, but wow do I have lots of prep work to do! W'll be hosting two holiday meals at my house.  One on Christmas Eve, and another on Christmas Day. Plus, gifts that need wrapping are still arriving daily for my kids, from relatives all over the place. This year, I've taken a page from some friends and used stamps to make gift tags, instead of putting names on them. So no one know (but me) which presents belong to what person. I can't wait until Christmas morning!! This has totally made me feel like a kid again :)

Head over to Splitcoaststampers and play along in the sketch challenge this week - I hope you like it!


I also shared a new Inspiration Challenge in the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps member company forums yesterday.  I used this warm picture to inspire me to color up De"light"ful Cocoa. My sketch is from the Sweet Stop this week - it's such a great one!


I encourage you to come play along with this one too - you could combine the sketch and Inspiration Challenges if you want!! 

Supplies: 
Stamps: De"light"ful Cocoa (digi); Be Mine Cocoa (clear) (SNSS)
Card Stock: Purely Pomegranate, Creamy Caramel, So Saffron
Patterned Paper: Webster's Pages
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring Medium: Coppics (R81, R83, R85, BG10, BG11, C00, Y11, Y00, Y15, Y17, R20, E31, E33, E35, E51, E50)
Accessories: ribbon
Tools: cuttlebug embossing folder

Supplies (Sketch Challenge Card):
Stamps: Love From Cocoa (SNSS)
Card Stock: Black (Recollections), White (Neenah)
Patterned Paper: Olivia (Basic Grey)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Worn Lipstick (Ranger Distress)
Coloring Medium: Copics (N0, N2, C00, C5, R20, E50, E51, BG72, 0 Colorless Blender)
Accessories: Charcoal, Blossom Baker's Twine (The Twinery, available at SNSS)
Tools: Nestabilities (Spellbinders)

1 comment:

Cathymac said...

Both cards are just precious, Taylor! I hope I get a chance to play with those inspiration colors...they are gorgeous! Thanks for both challenges this week! Have a wonderful Christmas!