Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hearts Galore!

Hello, it's Bridget here, with a focus on "hearts" today - Valentines Day is only a few days away, but I've been having so much fun with Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Heart Die set making cards for all kinds of occasions! 
I used the largest of the set of 9 to cut a gingham heart and popped it up over a birthday sentiment which is from the super useful set Poppies and Greetings.  All the edges have been sponged with Ranger Distress Frayed Burlap for a vintage look.

Supplies used include:
Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles
My Favorite Things Dizzy Doily Die-namic
Twine (The Twinery)
Basic Grey Picadilly dp
My Minds Eye dp
SU Cherry Cobbler ink
Ranger Distress Frayed Burlap ink
October Afternoon button
Sewing machine

Here's another card made with the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Heart die set - I used a variety of scraps of some of my favorite dp's with all 9 shapes and sizes of hearts in the set.  I masked the cardbase with post-it-notes and sponged a strip using Ranger Distress inks and then popped up the hearts randomnly across it.
Each heart is sponged with a bit of Distress ink - I was kind of aiming for a vintage farmhouse look!
The sentiment is stamped on the largest heart and it's from the set Blessings and Thanks.
Supplies include:
Cream Linen cardstock
My Minds Eye, October Afternoon, Basic Grey dp
Buttons
Ranger Distress Scattered Straw, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap ink
Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
Fiskars corner rounder

Here's one more, this time a CAS card using the new Butterfly Flourish set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink over a heart sponged with SU's Cherry Cobbler ink.  I don't have a heart die this large so I made a template free hand in the good old fashioned way of folding it in half so both sides would be even!  To keep it clean and simple, I only added a few punched butterflies from black cardstock and black pearls to finish this card for a Valentine birthday!
Supplies include:
Stampin Up Cherry Cobbler ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Pearls
Mini Butterfly punch

I hope you've enjoyed these cards using hearts and found a little bit of inspiration!
Bless YOUR heart!
Hugs, Bridget



4 comments:

Cathymac said...

WOW, Bridget...you have been busy with your hearts, and with fabulous results! Love all three cards...you've inspired me to start die cutting those hearts!

merrymstamper said...

Wow!!! love all your heart projects Bridget! I MUST get that die.

Tracey said...

WOW oh WOW!!! I am so loving all these heart cards....you rocked them out!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely cards Bridget! Love how you used the hearts! So cretive!