Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hoot of a Friend


Recently I was honored to have been asked to make a sample for the Inspiration Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers. I loved the site, Greenheart Shop, so much, I had to make two cards because I could not choose which piece of inspiration I loved the most!  Today I'm sharing a card inspired by this sweet little wool owl birdhouse.

I inked up the new Owl Be There set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and attempted to stick to the fun colors of the inspiration piece.  I think I ended up a smidge pinker than the original owl, but he's still cute!  I also added some hand-stitching to two of the panels, and snuck some of my favorite lace tape from Love My Tapes on there too.

Supplies:
Stamps: Owl Be There (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Card Stock: Kraft, White (Neenah); Black (Recollections)
Patterned Paper: Social Club (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring Medium: Copics
Accessories: Lace Tape (Love My Tapes), Pearls (Creative Impressions), Thread (Unkown)
Tools: Circle Punches (SU); Paper Piercer, Needle

Pin It

1 comment:

Marlena M. said...

This is DARLING! A perfect translation of that birdhouse.