Wednesday, January 30, 2013

New Beginnings

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you another of my 'signature' butterfly cards. I just can't get enough of the sweet butterflies from New Beginnings clear stamp set and the matching New Beginnings Butterfly Die set. They are so easy to work with.

NewBeginning-corrugatedbutterfly

This time, I stamped the smaller butterflies on the small panel, and die-cut the biggest out of corrugated paper. I also used some images from Vintage Postcard clear stamp set, another favorite of mine. They are perfect to fill in 'emty' spaces. Since I don't use designer papers, I often use these images to add some character to my paper.
I also like different textures... so I heat embossed one of the images from Long Stem Silhouettes clear stamp set with clear embossing powder. The banner was die-cut with the die from Pennants & More Die set.

NewBeginning-corrugatedbutterfly2

I've been trying out new embellishments on my cards, like Washi Tapes and Sequins. They are so popular, so I had to jump on the wagon and get some from my local craft store. Sometimes less is more, but sometimes, you just have to go for MORE!

The sketch came from SplitCoastStampers, SC421.

Thanks for stopping by,
Monika

4 comments:

slbt17 said...

NICE!
Sandra ltb

Mary K said...

Monika, it all blends together so perfectly! Beautiful card.

Cynthia said...

All of the elements work so well together, Monika!

merrymstamper said...

Gorgeous work!!! love what you do with paper :)