Thursday, April 11, 2013

Our Father in Heaven!

 
Hello, it's Bridget here with the first post after our fun April Release Mini Blog Hops!
I hope you enjoyed all the inspiration from the Design Team with the new sets.
Today I'd like to show you a couple of cards I created with the sentiments from the
new set His Child combined with some other SNSS sets.
I love these wonderful truths about our relationship with our heavenly Father
through Jesus, and though the silhouttes of the children are fabulous, I wanted to show
how flexible the sentiments are with many different images and die-cuts.
For the first card I added an embossed heart to highlight the
love of God mentioned in the sentiment, using SNSS's Heart Die Set -
love all the sizes and shapes in this set of dies!
The sentiment panel is popped up over two dp panels, and to finish I added a trio of buttons.
It was a quick, easy card, and there's plenty of creamy white space for a clean look.
 
Supplies include:
Sizzix Plaid embossing folder
Buttons
October Afternoon dp
MFT Color Box Licorice Black ink
Smooth Cream card stock
 
 

 
For the second card I sponged a panel with green ink along the bottom, then stamped with several images from Nature Silhouettes. 
Using clouds from SNSS's Cloud and Raindrops Die Set I masked and sponged a sky scene, then popped up a couple of clouds. 
To finish I added a fence die-cut using SNSS's Fence and Grass Die Set and a few sponged punched butterflies. 
Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope your day is a good one!
 
Supplies include:
Stampin Up Lucky Limeade ink
Ranger Distress Broken China ink
Stampin Up Melon Mambo ink
Martha Stewart Butterfly punch
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

Jonia said...

Two beautiful cards! Love the clouds as they look so puffy!

Jean Bullock said...

Love the sentiments you choose . Actually loved all the choices you've made on these beautiful cards.

Birgit said...

Both of your cards are so pretty.
Do you have a link to a tutorial on how you get your sponged backgrounds to look so smooth? I'd like to try it but am not sure where to start. Anything I sponge generally comes out sort of blotchy looking. thanks for any help you can offer.
Blessings~ Birgit

stampingbowd said...

Both cards are terrific! I love the scripture the sentiment comes from! Love how you used hearts on the card! Stunning artistry on your second one...now that's the way to create a scene!!! I love scenes but I am not very good at them. You are inspiring me to create scenes in a whole new way!

Cathymac said...

What a wonderful way to showcase these inspirational truths about the Father's love, Bridget! Your clean crisp style is always so beautiful!

Lorianna said...

LOVE both cards, but those clouds are FABULOUS!!!
HUgs
Lorianna

Patty said...

Wow...these are both beautiful cards..especially that second one. I have yet to make a "scene" card like that...need to try it!!

DJreflections said...

Very nice job on both!