Thursday, May 9, 2013

Serengeti Scene

Welcome Sweet 'n Sassy Friends!  Cathy here with a sneak peek of a wonderful new stamp set being released tomorrow!  I love this new set and know you will, too!  I thought I would try out a new color combination for today's Ways to Use It challenge on Splitcoaststampers and share it with you here as well.


I mixed Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold, Rusty Hinge, Barn Door, Aged Mahogany, and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks together to try to duplicate the sky on a poster I saw on the web.  This sky came pretty close to the one on the poster!  The image from the new Landscape Silhouettes clear stamp set was perfect for the sponged sky, but to be honest with you, any number of the fabulous silhouette images would have worked.  An embossed panel that reminded me of the pattern on a giraffe was added as well as the sentiment from the Be Encouraged stamp set.  Pearls and some hemp twine finish the card!

If you want to see more of this set and others being released tomorrow, plus be able to enter a drawing for a free set from the new release, join us on our Facebook page today!

We appreciate so much when you stop by for a visit...have a fabulous day!

Hugs,
Cathy

4 comments:

Tricia T said...

Oh my! This is absolutely stunning!! What a fabulous way to showcase the set and the precious verse!!

Tricia

Crafty Math Chick said...

Just beautiful Cathy! I love the shading!
~ Meredith

diane zechman said...

beautiful sky!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Cathy! The colors and textures look awesome.