Wednesday, October 2, 2013

a bookmark card

Good morning, friends!  Fall is upon us and I am loving the beautiful days we are having!  The leaves are turning here in PA and giving us a beautiful view.  With cooler days ahead, I am looking forward to snuggling up again with a good book.  Today I have a bookmark card to share with you using Korin's fabulous Bookmark Bits and Pieces stamp set and it's coordinating Bookmarks and More dies.  They make creating a bookmark a breeze!

 
I got out my sewing machine and stitched a little vellum pocket to the front to slip the bookmark into.  I wanted the whole bookmark to be visible and a part of the card design, so the vellum pocket worked out just perfectly.
 
 
The butterfly on the bookmark has some Stickles to make the card a bit sparkly.  :)


E-readers are so popular now, but I still like to hold a book and turn the pages by hand.  You just can’t use a cute bookmark with an E-reader.  ;)


I also stamped the inside of the card…and the front of the envelope…


This is not a normal A2 sized card.  I used a standard #6 3/4 business envelope so my card is 3 1/2″ x 6 1/4″ (I started with a piece of 6 1/4 x 7 inch cardstock).
 
Sweet 'n Sassy has a new rewards program (scroll down for Korin's info) and a fun sale starting Friday so be sure to check back and see what's happening!  Have a great day!
♥ Diane



 

3 comments:

Donna Whitten said...

I love your precious card with the bookmark. I like to hold my real book and bond to it, so I love bookmarks. Thanks for sharing.

merrymstamper said...

How sweet is this!!! Love what you did with this set!

Susie said...

Now that's a cute - I love the see through pocket. A great idea!