Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Holidays are Just Around the Corner!

Hello Everyone!
I am so glad you are visiting today.  Can you believe it is almost November?!  I love this time of year-the colors, the smells and the crisp air; and there is nothing like the season's first fire in the fireplace, which I enjoyed last night. When stamping fall cards, I typically prefer harvest scenes, pumpkins and leaves,  but I could not resist using this grinning spider and the 'Boo" sentiment, both from the Buggin' Ya Stamp Set.  This is about as scary as it gets in my house!


I was inspired by this week's  featured stamper, Mary-Alice, on Splitcoaststampers  to use the doodling.
I inked up a stamp from the Seasonal Wreaths set to create this contemporary Christmas card.  This is such a versatile set and there are several images and sentiments that can be used for Christmas cards.


 I embossed the wreath with silver ep and colored it with Copics.  I stamped it a second time with Memento Black ink and colored the bow with Copics.  Both images were cut out using the matching dies. I cut the colored bow away from the rest of its image and adhered it onto the bow on the embossed wreath, popping it up with a dimensional. 
Thanks so much for stopping by the Sweet 'n Sassy blog.  I hope I have inspired you to get creative today!

Lee Ann :)

2 comments:

Susie said...

Oh Lee Ann, I loved the cards you created. That little spider was darling. I love the doodling frame that follows the itsy bitsy spider all the way down to say BOO to us! It's a terrific design layout. Cute as can be. These are the type of designs that make me knock my noggin and say, "Why didn't I think of that!" *smiling*

Love the colors are the wreath card. Great idea to emboss with sliver - really gives it a pop before coloring. I loved our September release sets! Wonderful cards, Lee Ann.

Hugs,
Susie ~

Janeen said...

i like everything about this card. i like how you popped the wreath up on a simple die cut circle to give it more oomph. i like your style. :)