Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Master

 Hi folks and welcome to today's blog post...It's Kim and I'm here to share a bit of a mixed media tag with you.  Nothing is more fun than marrying traditional card making supplies with paint, gesso, die cutting, and tags!

For today's project, I started by slapping gesso all over my Leafy Flourish background stamp and stamping it on to my tag.  (Clean gesso off of your stamps quickly!)  Next I used some Distress Stains to add color directly over the gesso.  The gesso acts as resist and you get that great ghosty (that's a technical term) image on the background.  Love it!

Next, I stamped the largest butterfly from the Majestic Monarchs stamp set onto some designer paper and use the coordinating dies to cut it out.  (Actually I die cut first and then stamped!)  Set that beautiful butterfly aside and stamp the giant swirl (I love it!) from the Leafy Flourish stamp set so that it fits with the butterfly image.  Attach the butterfly with foam tape and stamp the sentiment on a piece of cardstock.  I'm a big fan of cutting apart the words from larger sentiments and that's what I did for my tag so that it would all fit and fill in the space left beside my main image.

The last item I added some a fun lace die that I cut using the Doily Border Dies.

So there you go...stamps and mixed media products...all together in one place!!  Enjoy and go out there a be crafty!

5 comments:

Janeen said...

This is beautiful. I have often cut apart smaller sentiment dies but never thought to do it with the more wordy ones.

Donna Whitten said...

Lovely project!

Stampin_melissa said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous! I just adore those butterfly stamps!

Victoria H. said...

Absolutely beautiful tag; you did a gorgeous job!

Ava Gavloski said...

great presentation of the sweet and sassy. nice project