Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sympathy...

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you couple of sympathy cards. 
Normally, I would use monotone colors and nothing too bright... but this time, I wanted to give bright colors a try and see how I liked the cards... 



The butterfly from Majestic Monarchs clear stamp set, was stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder on pink card stock. Then I sponged some dark pink ink on top. (On the second card, I used white embossing powder instead of clear.) The butterfly was then die cut with the coordinating Monarch die set.


To make the background for the first card, I heat embossed the Typewriter Text Background image with clear embossing powder. Then I rubbed green ink on my craft sheet, spritzed some water on it, and placed the card stock over it. (Dry it with a heat tool, or put it aside to dry...)



I finished the background by adding blue and pink strips to the left side, adhering part of the grass die-cut (Tall Grass die), rounding the corners, stamping the greeting on vellum (Sympathy Innies clear stamp set), then attaching the vellum strip to the card... and lastly attaching pink thread with a Sticky Dot. The butterfly was then adhered with dimensional tape.



The background for the second card was partially covered with embossing paste, before splashing pink glimmer mist over it...

Thank you for stopping by,
Monika

4 comments:

Graciellie Design said...

Vary pretty and modern.

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

I like your cards. I never thought of using brighter colors for sympathy cards, but I think it works. It seems more uplifting. Tfs!

merrymstamper said...

Beautiful! your tutorial is so well done.

hugs

Gail said...

lovely card