Thursday, July 31, 2014

You're A Star!

Good Morning Friends!!  Jacquie here to share with you today!  Today I have an card of encouragement to share with you!  Can you believe that it is ALMOST time to send the kiddos back to school?  Wow, this summer went QUICK!

So, with school in mind and my kids in mind, I created this card.  I LOVE to give my kids positive reinforcement! The set I used it PERFECT for that!  While creating I followed the Splitcoast sketch from yesterday, SC499, and added a bit to it.  Here is the sketch for you to check out.


Here is what I did with the sketch!  I used a pre-made black card base and added 2 panels of DCWV patterned paper.  Now, these were just scraps, as I like to use up what I can.  I added stars from the You're A Star clear stamp set and I combined 2 phrases from the set, to make my sentiment.  After piecing the whole thing together, I completed my project with some red bakers twine and green sequins.  I think this will make a GREAT card for my son!



Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have a WONDERFUL day!



2 comments:

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Super cool card! Love the stars and the color combination. Thanks so much for sharing this--I'm sure your son will love it!

Gail said...

Lovely Encouragement card! I think it is just great to do RAK for your children like this - my son loved it when he was growing up and still enjoys getting a card! Have a blessed day!