Monday, April 27, 2015

Ombre Stamping



Hello Sweet 'n Sassy friends, 
It's Ceal here to share another tutorial with you. As you know ombre stamping is all the rage right now. Hero arts has those cool Ombre inks but what if you are like me and don't have those inks? I am going to show you how to get the look with inks you may currently have. I am using Tim Holtz distress inks but any dye inks in contrasting colors will work.


Here are the tools you will need 
For the roses I used, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Festive Berries. The leaves are done in just two different greens, Mowed Lawn and Shabby Shutters. 
I also used my MISTI tool, which made it so easy to do this technique because you can stamp in the exact same place over and over.

To start you will need to take your darkest color and sponge the top of your image, next the medium color and sponge starting at the top, going down a little over half way. The last step is to take the lights color and sponge the entire image, by sponging in this manner it gives you that ombre effect. If the colors aren't dark enough you just keep sponging putting more at the top ect, until you get the look you desire.

I sponged the leaves the same way, with the darkest color at the bottom and the lightest color over the entire image,this gives you that middle color.

The set I used Thankful Blooms is perfect for this technique. I also used the coordinating dies Thankful Blooms die set . For the greeting I used the Precious Poppies set.






Here's another one I did in purple 



I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and happy stamping



2 comments:

Donna Whitten said...

Love your pretty cards, thanks for the tutorial!

merrymstamper said...

Beautiful work Ceal!
Love these flowers you worked with for the technique.