Friday, December 23, 2016

blessings ornament

The big question this time of year is always… “Are you ready for Christmas?”. I'm getting there! We finally got our tree up and my baking and shopping is done...except for the Christmas meal. I hope your preparations are going smoothly!
 
I was playing around earlier this week with some salt dough ornaments using my Poinsettias & Candles stamp set and one of my collectible Christmas cookie stamps.
 


I mixed my dough and rolled it out on freezer paper, then cut the hearts by hand.  I used 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup salt and 1/4 cup warm water but my mixture was sticky and needed more flour. Next time I’ll add more salt or less water. Use a toothpick or straw to make a hole.


The hearts were stamped with Versafine ink and the Poinsettias & Candles stamp set.


I baked them in a toaster oven at 200 degrees and flipped them a few times (not sure how long) but my toaster oven runs hot so next time I’ll use the regular oven.  The toaster oven browned them a bit…so I sponged some Distress Vintage Photo on to “age” them.
 
This will be my last post before the holiday so I hope you all have a very blessed Christmas!
Diane



 

1 comment:

Cathymac said...

These are wonderful, Diane! What a great idea for tree decorations!