Friday, February 9, 2018

Is It Here Yet?

OK, I know we have another month (or so) before Spring is sprung, but it was bright and sunny today after a weekend of rain... The weather combined with the stamps I used for today's cards is making me smile out loud because I know Spring is just around the corner so YAY!

I have two cards for you. Both use the new Sweet N Sassy stamp set Spring Blossoms.



The first one is CAS I colored it up with Polychromos pencils and added a sentiment from Be Encouraged. To finish it off, I added a few dew drops. 

I love this one!



The second one combines inks and fussy cutting for a more dimensional look.

I used distress inks to create a simple background with a splash of colors. I used the tulip image and stamped it up several times making sure to curve the stem on my block for some of them because in my experience, bouquets of tulips always have some stems that are bowing. I extended the stem with a multiliner then colored my flowers with Copic markers. I cut them out and created a bouquet tied with twine. For my sentiment, I chose one of the great sentiments that come with the set.

I love tulips (especially peach ones) and I love this one too!



I had so much fun with these. I hope you are inspired!

Thanks for stopping by!

Lyn



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome card!! Question, what did you make the water drops with. They are perfect.